Unit 9 Armstrong Mall, Southwood Business Park, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 0NR, United Kingdom
As a key member of the BOSS management team, the CFO reports to and directly assists
the CEO on all strategic and operational matters as they relate to the management of
finance, strategic planning activities, investment analysis and implementation,
accounting, tax, as well as to ensure necessary and effective controls and procedures
remain in place to safe guard all BOSS assets and resources.
The CFO will work closely with the Finance Manager and team. You must have proven written and verbal
communication skills along with ability to be a proactive leader and contributory
member of a highly professional, diverse and motivated workforce.
Boss is an innovative tech start up with strong shareholders including BP and Woodside. Our vision is to disrupt the Marine Seismic industry through the development of a large-scale autonomous ocean bottom seismic data acquisition system, resulting in a step change reduction in the cost, time and HSSE risks required to acquire high quality OBS data. We help our clients to reduce their carbon emissions and their carbon footprint.
BOSS is developing a revolutionary, integrated seismic acquisition system based around long endurance, self-repositioning robotic ocean bottom nodes.
These nodes are capable of multiple autonomous re-positions to allow rolling of the receiver array without having to recover and redeploy nodes. This, in combination with automated handling systems, rapid deployment/recovery and intelligent system control, allows for optimisation of seismic acquisition survey operations to minimise duration and cost, and removes the requirement for ROV support.
• A high level of experience is required for anyone applying for this role. Must hold a UK
recognised accounting qualification CCAB
• Extensive experience in the energy industry and managing a team is a must
with examples of when they have demonstrated excellence in the workplace
• Must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills both
verbally and written
• Must have experience of dealing with substantial equity and/or debt
transactions, preferably in major capital markets
• The ability to work flexibly with both differing time zones and partners
• Be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organisation and exercise
• Must have experience working with complex organisations
• Experience in presenting at Board level
• Experience in both UK and USA/Australian domiciles
• Oil and gas experience
• Taking the Finance team forward building on the strong team ethic already
• Advise on best way to monitor the implementation of an International Transfer
• Advise on International Labour Agreements
• Advise on the set up of new subsidiaries within the BOSS Group
• Advise on compliance with other international tax domiciles
• Work with commercial partners to ensure that all accounting requirements
regarding revenue recognition are met in negotiating contracts
• Responsible for Audit and Tax Compliance
• Supporting the Executive Team including the CEO & Chair in presenting to banks
and/or potential investors and fielding the Finance questions resulting from those
• Preparation of all Finance materials required for presentations and Board
• Act as mentor to the Finance Manager and the wider Finance team.