Unit 9 Armstrong Mall, Southwood Business Park, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 0NR, United Kingdom
This role is responsible for BOSS compliance with a broad range of laws and regulations. The HSSE and Technical Compliance Manager (HTCM) will manage the implementation of the following systems and policies:
– An HSSE management system in accordance with good industry standards, including IOGP Operating Management System Framework (Report 510);
– ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System;
– US EAR and UK Exportation policy;
– Environmental impact regulation.
The HTCM will ensure all operations are performed in a safe manner and in conformance with the above standards. You will be responsible for maintaining existing functions and processes and for developing and defining new processes and procedures as well as setting up and maintaining controls.
In addition you will provide advice on quality, safety, health and environmental issues to all levels of personnel in order to ensure working practices, procedures and systems meet statutory requirements and industry and Company standards.
BOSS is an established and innovative tech company with strong shareholders including BP. Our vision is to disrupt the Marine Seismic industry through the development of a large-scale autonomous ocean bottom seismic data acquisition system, resulting in a step change reduction in the cost, time and HSSE risks required to acquire high quality OBS data. We help our clients to reduce their carbon emissions and their carbon footprint.
BOSS is developing a revolutionary, integrated seismic acquisition system based around long endurance, self-repositioning robotic ocean bottom nodes.
These nodes are capable of multiple autonomous re-positions to allow rolling of the receiver array without having to recover and redeploy nodes. This, in combination with automated handling systems, rapid deployment/recovery and intelligent system control, allows for optimisation of seismic acquisition survey operations to minimise duration and cost, and removes the requirement for ROV support.
• Degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline.
• Extensive experience of safety in the oil and gas industry and a proven experience in operations.
• Proven leadership, supervisory and training skills are essential.
• Must hold or be working towards a professional qualification in safety e.g., NEBOSH Diploma in Safety Management.
• Thorough knowledge of safety and environmental legislation relevant to production installations, safe working practices, fire- fighting systems and techniques, and emergency response management.
• Must have experience in IOGP standards.
• Knowledge of OPITO Minimum Industry Safety Standards (MIST)
• Experience in the implementation of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System;
• Experience dealing with exportation regulation (UK and US EAR)
• Ensure Company compliance to a broad range of laws and regulations.
• Identify, define, develop and implement new processes, procedures and controls.
• Provide advice and assistance to Line Managers and Supervisors on all aspects of import/export, quality, safety and occupational health concerning the operations performed.
• Internal auditing to monitor performance.
• Provide advice and guidance to Line Managers and Supervisors on all matters related to Hazards Identification and Risk Management Develops and reviews Emergency Response plans in accordance to IOGP Report 510 standards.
• Instigates and conducts QHSE incident investigations, recording, and reporting all incidents to identify causes and provide. recommendations to prevent recurrence.
• Manages company Occupational Health and Hygiene standards in accordance with UK Legislation, Company Rules and industry best practice.
• Ensures that relevant QHSE Legislation, Company QHSE Standards and Industry Best Practices are complied with and that QHSE manuals, procedures, instructions and documentation are reviewed and updated regularly.
• Implement ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and manage audits.
• Provide advice and establish policies and procedures to guarantee compliance of BOSS products to US EAR and UK exportation regulation.
• You will be responsible for the delivery of the documentation related to the environmental impact of sea operations.